Tuesday 25 September 2018

Rotary Speech.

This time last week I was getting ready to compete in the West Coast Rotary Speeches. I can remember my stomach dancing with butterflies as I was anxiously waiting for it to be 5:30pm. After school I started to get ready. I put on my best looking uniform. Did my hair nice and put on all of my badges. It was time. We were driving to the union. We went and sat at our table and people started coming around and talking to me about the process. During that time I found out what number I was going to be.I was seventh. We got dinner and dessert. Afterwards it was time. The six speeches before flied by. It was my time to shine. Then it came to prize giving. I came second out of nine contestants. I was so happy. If you ever get to experience Rotary Speech then give it your all!

4 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Mya. Reags here!
    I absolutely love this post as you used lots of descriptive language and drew in the readers attention straight away. It just made me feel as if I was there with you.
    Congratulations for coming second - you really deserved it. You also made the post very motivational by saying 'if you ever get to experience Rotary Speech then give it your all!!

    Well done!!!!! - hopefully I'll be able to experience this next year, aye!!!

    Noho ora mai
    Reagan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mya, Kyra here! I love your post about Rotary Speeches because in your post you created some sort of suspense that made me want read more and more.

    This reminds me of the Speech board Exams. I have done it all the way through from year 3 to year 7 and I intend to do it in year 8 as well!

    Your speech was absolutely amazing and your little brother is super cute! Great job,

    From Kyra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mya, Caitlyn here! I love your post about Rotary Speech! I love how you have used punctuation in your post it makes it more interesting and more effective. Anyway, I think you did a very good job! I would of loved to give Rotary Speech a try next year... but sadly, I will be at High School. Good Job, Mya! (: From Caitlyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mya,
    My name is Aaliyah and I am a year 7 student currently attending St Pius X Catholic School. I really liked your writing, I felt like I was there with you. I think you should add more writing around the part when you were going to say your speech. I feel like if you explained how you felt during your speech, it would of made your writing a bit better. Also, congratulations on coming second!

    Good Job,
    Aaliyah

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.