Tuesday 10 March 2015

Dear Diary Camp .

Dear Diary .
Day 1
I am on Westport camp with my class .
Today we did lot’s of things  . The car ride was fun and we did lots of things on the way . The first stop was Mitchells Gully gold mine  . We had to go for a walk in the bush and walk in dark spooky caves and some of the caves had glow worms in it .We got to hold a little gold nugget and look at a stamper . After the walk the parents had a coffee and there was a man that came up to me and had a magnet and iron sand . He told me to put my hand and he put the iron sand on my hand and put the magnet under my hand and the iron sand moved up and down and when he did it I felt a tickle . Some people also got to hold a very big golden nugget . After we went to Mitchells Gully we went for a swim and had lunch at the Nile river and we found little fish swimming . Then we started getting back on with the car trip . We stopped at the Seal  Colany  . We went on a track to try and find the seals . I found 3 baby seals and lots of big seal’s  . After the walk we had to get into our activity groups and make a sand sculpture . My group made a turtle another group made a turtle one group made a Hammerhead shark and another group made a jellyfish . Then we were finally at Westport  . We had a little play at the park and then went to the lodge  . It was very big then and the rooms we stayed in were big as well . While the parents were cooking tea we went to the swimming pool and it was massive . Then after tea it was bed and I went to sleep very fast .

Day 2
It was day 2 of camp and we got up in the morning early and went on the Charming creek walk . We had to go throw a few cave and I’ll tell you something funny . The only swing bridge I am scared of is the swing bridge on the walk and it felt like I was going  fall of and I was screaming . Though at the end of the walk there was a massive water full and it must of been magic because it made me not so scared of the bridge when we walk back over it . Then we went to Denniston  and went to the coal mine  . We found out lots of information and here is one of them ( That  in the olden days there was a big drop and you would go on a minecart down the drop and someone else would be controlling it . ) Then we went up to the museum but the man wasn’t there so we went back to the coal mine and had to do an activity and I learned that coal is also used for perfume printing ink washing powder and soap . Then we went back to the lodge to have a rest and then we went back to the pool and Sid Matt and my Mum Amie had a bomb competition and I think Sid won . The Dad’s made self sauce and pudding for dessert and then it was bedtime and I was snoring away .

Day 3
It was time to leave Westport but we were going to Reefton . We backed all our bags had breakfast and we went . We were at Westport and we went to the black point Museum .
We had to have a information sheet and had to answer some Questions on the sheet and then we would earn a chocolate  . Then something exited happened  . We stopped to have lunch near the skate park and we saw some people filming some skater’s . Miss panther asked if we could watch and they said” of course” . Guess what something amazing happened and we were on Tv on Seven Sharp .

3 comments:

  1. Hi Mya
    That is so cool it is very long but it is great I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mya
    I really like your long diary
    one thing I like is all the descriptive writing you have put in the piece of writing
    one thing I recon you should work on is punctuation put in speech marks to know when someone is talking.
    Cleo Beynon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mya it's Jordan here and that Westport camp sounds so enjoyable. The dark spooky caves and Mitchells Gully gold mine sounds awesome to go to as well. You had a lot of really good information about your camp. BYE!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.