Friday 16 June 2017

Hanmer Camp 2017.

Last week Totara 2 and Totara 3 went on School Camp to Hanmer Springs. We left on Wednesday and came back on Friday. It was very cold and in the Morning the Grass was frost. We did a lot of activities such as Mountain Biking, Tree Climbing, Mission Impossible, Hot Pools and Oreinteering. My Top 2 favourite would be Oreinteering and Tree Climbing. Oreinteering was the first Activity my group had donw for the day. There was a total points of 600. We did the Oreinteering in a big beautiful forest that ahd lots of tall trees.We had to work on a Group of 4 but Ella,Holly and I worked as a three and we got a total of 510 points. We had around two hours to find the markers and had a map so we knew what dierection to go in. Ella nearly got us lost but we realised in the end we were going the wrong dierection. Then on the second day we went Tree Climbing . There were two tree's that you could climb. I was about 5 steps away from getting to the top. The wooden blocks that were on the tree were really far apart so I didn't go the rest of the way up. It was really fun but a bit nervracking. I also loved going to the Hot Pools.I went on the Super Bowl lots of times and I even went backwards a few times. The Hot Pools were really warm nice and warm but you could smell the Salfa. Here are some photos of T2 and T3 on Camp.




1 comment:

  1. ki ora Mya,
    I really like the way you have given us detail about what activities you did while on camp.I remember going to Hanmer with my family and friends. We enjoyed going to the hot pools the most because it was relaxing. Maybe next time you could work on paragraphing your ideas. It looks like your having fun tree climbing with Ella. :) What camp are you going to next year?

    From Bessie in pohutakawa 1.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.